Fasting Results

|

April 15, 2009


Well, I fasted through Good Friday with Johnny. One of the main reasons I fasted was to prepare for Easter - get more in touch with the sacrifice Jesus made for me. At the end of my fast (which I stopped on Friday instead of Tuesday the 14th) I was somewhat disappointed. I am not sure at what or why but a vague sense of disappointment had settled on me. I even talked with Johnny about my fast being a “failure”.

But I have to tell you, God is mysterious in all His ways and didn’t look at my efforts as failure. Then Sunday came – He Arose! Ahh, Sunday was sweet indeed. Sunday worship was adoring and light-filled. I was giddy at being in the presence of my Lord. I enjoyed Him! I always enjoy worship but this was different. My soul was tasting the wine of heaven.

You see, my expectation of fasting was the experience would happen during the fasting. In this case – not true. Fasting does bring about one-on–one with God but during this time in my life it happened during worship – when I tuned my heart toward Him after a week of preparing for Him.

T

0 comments: